The project of Mr. Andrea Rossi has been criticized from the day of his first public demonstration in January 2011. Many articles, from the major media to internet bloggers, have chimed in with their voice.
The most vocal critic at this time is a website called “shutdownrossi.com.” The theme of that website is: “Rossi & e-Cat a Scam/Fraud or True – You Decide” The major writer on that website, Gary Wright, has just posted a comment about why he thinks Mr. Andrea Rossi is involved in a” scam.”
We thought it was interesting enough to ask Mr. Wright if we could put up the complete, very short article here. So, with his permission, here is Mr. Wright’s thoughts on why he calls Mr. Andrea Rossi a scammer and fraudster.
“The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
1. A deception practiced in order to induce another to give up possession of property or surrender a right.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
3a. One that defrauds; a cheat.
3b. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.
v. swin·dled, swin·dling, swin·dles
1. To cheat or defraud of money or property.
2. To obtain by fraudulent means: swindled money from the company.
To practice fraud as a means of obtaining money or property.
The act or an instance of swindling.
Sometimes it is helpful to read the definitions from more than one source – so we also give you these definitions.
From – http://dictionary.reference.com/
1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.
verb (used with object)
1. to cheat (a person, business, etc.) out of money or other assets.
2. to obtain by fraud or deceit.
verb (used without object)
3. to put forward plausible schemes or use unscrupulous trickery to defraud others; cheat.
4. an act of swindling or a fraudulent transaction or scheme.
5. anything deceptive; a fraud: This advertisement is a real swindle.
This website has tried to show with clear and convincing evidence that Mr. Rossi and his e-Cat Farce clearly comes under the definitions as shown above. If the public and those in the cold fusion/LENR field refuse to open their eyes and minds to look at the truth, there is no hope for them. At least we have done all we could to shine a little light on the methods and practices of Mr. Rossi, his partners, and the scientists, engineers, and others supporting his fraud and swindle – the e-Cat – Hot Cat – Classic Cat or anything else you want to to call it.
Joy & Peace
September 17, 2012″